Add to Cart
The WS is a wonderfully versatile guitar. Combining the best qualities of large and small bodied guitars, it is ideally suited for a variety of musical situations. A large, deep chamber gives the WS strong projection and rich bass. The narrow waist and tight upper bout allow for a ringing treble, good balance and clear definition of individual notes. Overall, the WS is impeccably balanced. The shapely curves and light weight make the WS a comfortable guitar to cradle or stand with. The extra deep cutaway encourages playing up the fretboard.
RainSong Neck Options
N2 – The default neck on this model, the N2 is based on a modified “U” profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. While the N2 has a more substantial feel than the N1 neck, it is ergonomically sound and actually results in more efficient transfer of string vibration energy to the soundboard. The N2 has an adjustable truss rod that allows customization of the neck relief to individual preferences.
- Soundboard: All-graphite "Black Ice" soundboard crafted using RainSong'sProjection Tuned Layering™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong's Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom shark inlays.
- Accessories: Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case: Customized hardshell case.
- Finish: UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane.
- Depth at End-pin: 5 inches
- Lower Bout: 17 inches
- Body Length: 21 inches
- Neck Width at Nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale Length: 25.4 inches
- Tuning Machine: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronic: Fishman Prefix+T / LR Baggs Stagepro Element