Online & In-Store Terms & Policy
Rev 2 – 09-16-2015
In order to provide top notch, personalized customer service. Union Music staff has a series of policy guidelines that hope to solve any customer service issues before they can occur. We enjoy honest transaction’s and gifts of music. Please review the following policies to understand how they pertain to your order. We are musician’s too and understand the power of a new instrument or accessory. We can answer any of your question’s. Call us Monday through Saturday 508.753.3702
The policy, pricing, fee’s and procedures stated are subject to change without prior notice, if necessary, to keep Union Music policies in compliance with dealer contract obligations and to improve our standards in customer service and your checkout experience for today and tomorrow.
All correspondence with customers regarding potential, pending, completed, or received customer orders, monetary transactions, layaway’s, consignments and/or repairs will be made by Union Music staff using phone, e-mail, e-marketplace messaging (such as eBay or Reverb) and/or by registered letter. You are responsible for providing current & up to date contact information with Union Music. Not doing so could result in extra shipping charges or worse, forfeit of property when all contact is lost, balances are not paid in full, or instruments are never picked up in a reasonable and honest amount of time. If you live locally, our store front is open 6 days a week to discuss all matters in person. We are located in Worcester, MA next to George’s Coney Island Hot Dog!
Customer Responsibility Agreement
Customer Responsibility Agreement Here! Customer Responsibility Agreement Here! Customer Responsibility Agreement Here! Customer Responsibility Agreement Here! Customer Responsibility Agreement Here!
Domestic Shipping Only
- We accept PayPal (in US dollars) from customers with verified accounts and confirmed shipping addresses buying on UnionMusic.com. In-store we accept cash, debit / credit cards and gift certificates at point of purchase.
- Free Shipping offers are only applicable to orders on UnionMusic.com within the continental United States. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, please call us at 508.753.3702 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information on additional shipping charges.
- We ship a majority of our orders via UPS Ground. In a rush? Need accelerated shipping or wish to use another carrier like FedEX or USPS? Please contact us to arrange your shipment.
- We ship through UPS Ground Monday – Friday. Most orders placed before 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time are processed and shipped on the same day. Orders placed on Friday’s after 12:00 PM & weekends will be processed and prepared for shipment on Monday (expedited shipping available upon request, we’re open Saturday’s till 5PM and Sunday’s during Christmas). During winter months all order’s will be held till Monday to avoid your instrument from sitting in a cold warehouse over the weekend. In some cases, processing may take an extra 24 to 48 hours and inclement weather may change the speed of our carrier’s delivery times.
- All packages will require a signature. We feel that your purchase order should be properly received through direct contact with the carrier’s driver. In the event a package is returned to us after the carrier’s attempt(s) to deliver, the shipping amount will not be refunded and the return will incur a 15% restocking fee. If we need to resend a previously undelivered package, the buyer must provide an updated address and pay the additional shipping cost.
- Insurance: All items are insured for Full Value by Union Music. These costs are included in our flat rate shipping costs on e-marketplace listings and free shipping offers on UnionMusic.com.
- All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Before returning an item, please call us at 508.753.3702 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to confirm your return authorization.
- We accept returns on all new items within 14 days after delivery or purchase in-store. We do NOT accept returns on any used, blemish/demo model pricing, clearance/closeout items and special/custom orders purchase in-store or online at UnionMusic.com.
- If you wish to return an item within 14 days of receiving it, you MUST meet all the following criteria:
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping & insurance costs. We are not responsible if your carrier losses your return and you forgot to take out shipping insurance.
- If you wish to return an item purchased on eBay.com or Reverb.com, the original cost to ship the item will not be refunded (whether you originally paid for shipping or not), and the balance of the refund will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Union Music & UnionMusic.com allows a maximum of two returns per customer per year, starting for the date of the first returned item.
- Returns are not allowed when trade-ins/special orders or close out deals are included in the original price.
- We ask that you provide tracking information when returning our item. Please send return authorized item(s) to the address provided below:
1. You must include ALL original packaging materials, in the condition in which they are received.
2. You must include the original invoice and/or sales receipt intact and any other paperwork & materials (i.e. case candy, which includes but is not limited to: manufacture manuals, product promotional materials, warranty & registration cards, locking keys, Allen and truss rod wrenches, gig bags, soft cases or hardshell cases.) that were originally included in the purchase package or with the item. Please tell us if you intend to return your purchase(s) as a partial order (i.e keeping items). All returns incur a 15% restocking fee and Refund amounts are based on the successful return of the items in question. All items being returned are the sole responsibility of the customer and carrier until they hit our door. We can only refund items that are successfully returned to Union Music (see return address below).
3. The item(s) must be unused and free of any signs of use included but not limited to: wear, dents, scratches, broken strings, guitar pick marks, finger pick marks, flat pick marks, dirt, debris, stains, smudges, fingerprints, sweat marks, water/fire/heat damage/distress or any misuse that would void the manufacture’s warranty.
142 Southbridge St.
Worcester, MA 01608
Special & Custom Orders
- We have the opportunity to access several distribution networks and have an array of manufacturer’s to choose from when you need a special item we do not stock online or in-store. Please call Union Music 508.753.3702 to determine if a product you are seeking is available through Union Music.
- Most Special order item(s) are placed and shipped by the manufacture within two business weeks.
- In addition, please take the time to ensure that the details of your order are exactly to your specifications prior to placing all purchase orders. Please realize that once a Special or Custom order is placed with a given manufacturer, it may be impossible to make revise any changes.
- All Special orders over $100 dollars require a 50% deposit at the time of ordering.
- Special & Custom orders can not be canceled once they have been placed with the manufacture or distribution center. In the event that you cancel your order, the aforementioned deposit and the product(s) in question are forfeit.
- We require that the outstanding balance on the order(s) be paid prior to shipping (or during Local Pickup Release) of the product(s). The time frame of your Special or Custom order may vary from several weeks to several months depending on the product(s) and the manufacture or distribution center involved. If full payment is not received within 21 days of Union Music receiving the order, the deposit is forfeit and all items become property of Union Music.
- For items under $400, we offer a 21-day Layaway Program. On items over $400, we offer a 90-day Layaway Program. In either case, a deposit of at least 20% is required.
- If an item is not claimed within the 30 or 90-day Program, the deposit is forfeit and we reserve the right to sell the item to another customer.
- We will make up to 2 attempts to contact you through the options listed in “Contact Notices” during your 30 or 90-day layaway program. Keep in mind, it is your responsibility to provide accurate, up to date postal address’, e-mail address’ and phone #’s on the day you open an Layaway account. If our attempts go unanswered, we will consider this as an order cancellation and your deposit will be forfeit.
- Layaway orders cannot be canceled, nor can we transfer the value of a layaway deposit to another item considered for purchase. Like we have stated above, if a layaway order is not completed under the terms of the original agreement, the deposit is forfeit.
- We take musical instruments on consignment. All considered items must be in full working & functional condition. We can not consign damaged items that need repair.
- If and when the item sells, 80% of the sale goes to the owner while 20% goes to Union Music. If you plan to use that amount as store credit, the owner will receive 90% of the sale and 10% goes to Union Music.
- We reserve the right to reject or cancel a consignment item(s)
- All agreed upon consignment items will go on UnionMusic.com, eBay, & Reverb. If your item sells on UnionMusic.com, eBay, or Reverb the owner will be subject to all Paypal and/or e-marketplace fee’s that are incurred. These fee’s may average to an extra 10% and are permanently applied when we write checks or apply store credit.
- The seller must sign an agreement regarding Customer Responsibility which certifies you acknowledge all fee’s and rates when consigning and the risks associated with leaving an instrument at Union Music. We are The Musician’s Music Store but not all visitors are “in the know” and more often than not are beginners looking to grab the most expensive guitar. While we do our best to assist customers handling instruments that fit their needs. Anything can happen on a retail floor. When consigning, you agree that your instrument will be handled by strangers and potential risks come with the territory. A $4000.00 consignment item may not be displayed outside its case.
- If your
- All current damage on any consignment instrument will be cataloged with it’s owner and held on file until a sale is made.
- All acoustic guitars are kept in our massive walk-in, humidity controlled acoustic room.