- Boost: Sets the level of the output boost.
- Volume: Sets the output level.
- Tone: Brighter clockwise, warmer counter clockwise.
- Gain A: Sets the gain for the Channel A (lower gain)
- Gain B: Sets the gain for Channel B (higher gain)
- Normal/Bright: Normal is a warm full tone, Bright is livelier tone with more chime.
- Buffer: Turns the input buffer on or off. ON is a tighter and brighter tone while OFF is a warmer tone with more sag. The buffer is part of the drive circuit & is only available when the Palisades is activated.
- Bandwidth: This sets the overall tone and gain structure of the Palisades. 1 is the thinnest setting with the least amount of gain and 5 is the fattest setting with the heaviest gain. Everything else is in between. This control has a major effect on all the settings of the Palisades, especially the gain and voice controls.
- Voice: This sets the nature of the Palisades distortion by changing the clipping diodes.
- Activate: True bypass switch
- Gain B: Activates Gain Channel B, Features Flexi-Switching.
- Boost: Activates the output level boost, Features Flexi-Switching.
- Measures: 4.75″ x 5.65″ x 2.25″ with knobs
- For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
- For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
- Current Draw: 45mA
- Input impedance: 500K
- Output impedance: <10K
1- No diodes: The most open and least distorted.
2- LED clipping: light clipping with a lot of volume.
3- Mosfet clipping: light gain OD with great harmonics.
4- Asymmetrical Silicon clipping: Tighter light gain OD closest to stock 808.
5- Symmetrical silicon clipping: tighter distorted tone.
6- Schottky Diode clipping: Looser fuzzy tone.
This device features Flexi-Switch™ Technology on the Gain and Boost switches! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
Since the switching is relay-based, it requires power to pass signal.
The Palisades can be powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!